Amine sweetening, also referred to as Gas Sweetening is an application that has several filtration processes.
Pre-filtration of the natural gas stream to remove solids, aerosols, and liquids before it enters the contact tower is one filtration application. In addition, excessive hydrocarbons and solid particulates also need to be removed from the amine.
Removing solids from the amine stream can cause foaming. Foaming in the contact tower reduces the removal rates of sour gas (H2S & CO2) which make gas sweetening challenging.
|Filter Solution||Filter Purpose||Filter Benefit|
|01 ||Micro-DEP™ and Micro-LOK™ Series Coalescer Elements and Vessel.||Removal of hydrocarbon, water, and other liquids and solids from sour gas feed.||Reduces absorber foaming and fouling, increases absorption and carbon bed efficiency.|
|02||Micro-DEP™ and Micro-LOK™ Series Coalescer Elements and Vessel.||Removal of carried over amine, water, and heavy hydrocarbons.||Maintains fuel gas quality and protects downstream equipment.|
|03||LiquiPleat™ Series Liquid Filter Elements and Vessel.||Removal of scale and solid contaminants and protect the carbon filter system.||Prevents carbon bed plugging, fouling in the reboiler and heat exchanger, and reduces foaming problems.|
|04||CarboPUR™ Series Activated Carbon Canisters.||Removal of of dissolved organic acids produced by amine degradation and trace liquid hydrocarbons.||Reduces amine foam in the regenerator (stripper) and degradation in the reboiler.|
|05||LiquiPleat™ Series Liquid Filter Elements and Vessel.||Removal of carbon bed fines.||Protects downstream equipment. Prevents heat exchanger and reboiler fouling.|
|06||LiquiPleat™ Series Liquid Filter Elements and Vessel.||Removal of scale and solid contaminants including iron sulfites and protect the carbon filter system.||Reduces foaming problems, prevents carbon bed plugging, and prevents absorber fouling.|
|07||CarboPUR™ Series Activated Carbon Canisters.||Removal of dissolved organic acids produced by amine degradation and trace liquid hydrocarbons.||Reduces system corrosion and foaming tendency, and maintains solvent activity.|
|08||LiquiPleat™ Series Liquid Filter Elements and Vessel.||Removal of carbon bed fines.||Protects downstream equipment and prevents fouling in the absorber.|
|09||Micro-DEP™ and Micro-LOK™ Series Coalescer Elements and Vessel.||Removal of carried over amine.||Protects downstream equipment and processes.|
|10||Micro-DEP™ and Micro-LOK™ Series Coalescer Elements and Vessel.||Removal of water, amine, and liquid hydrocarbons.||Protects downstream equipment. Reduces maintenance and downtime costs at sulfur recovery unit.|
Filtration Solutions for Amine Sweetening
Jonell Systems recommends a GAS COALESCER upstream and downstream of the contact tower for natural gas filtration and a LIQUID VESSEL for amine is typically used in addition to the carbon bed and a particulate filter for solids removal.
We have a wide range of filter cartridges ideally suited to amine sweetening. These include: Twist-LOK, Micro-LOK, TRI-SHIELD, LIQUIPLEAT.
Advantages of a Jonell Systems Amine Sweetening Filtration Solution
- Jonell Systems has technology to provide the complete filtration solution upstream & downstream of the contactor.
- Our Sentinel horizontal gas coalescer with customizable Twist-LOK cartridges provide higher dirt loading, higher liquid loading and better contaminant removal upstream of the contactor.
- Twist-LOK cartridge customization allows us to filter specific challenging contaminants while the horizontal configuration of the Sentinel provides for easier changeouts and safety.
- High efficiency liquid removal in the regeneration loop even at higher temperatures using pleated cotton.
- Downstream of the contactor, our TRI-SHiELD depth filtration cartridges are available for this application. JRGC cartridges deliver lower pressure drop, higher efficiency, 10-15X lower contaminants downstream while the JLPP liquid particulate cartridges offer superior semi solids removal.
Discuss your Application Today!
Get in touch with Jonell Systems, a part of Filtration Group, to find out more about how our filtration solutions can help you solve your filtration and separation challenges in Oil & Gas applications.