Renewable Diesel Tallow Feed Filters
Renewable diesel (RD) is an advanced biofuel that is biodegradable and is made from tallow and other natural sources requiring filtration to provide clean feed to the hydrotreater. This feat is achievable via tallow feed filter
RD is a cleaner-burning, drop-in replacement to petroleum diesel fuel and can be used in vehicles and heating systems. Renewable diesel is primarily produced from animal fats, inedible corn oil, and vegetable oils.
About one-third of the fats and oils produced in the United States are animal fats including beef tallow, pork lard, and chicken fat. Animal fats are attractive feedstocks for renewable diesel because their cost is substantially lower than the cost of vegetable oil and animal fat feedstocks can be made into high-quality diesel.
Solid bone meal contaminants, phospholipids, or gums and other contaminants need to be removed to provide clean feedstock for the hydrotreater. This is a highly temperature sensitive process which makes it challenging.
Download our new case study
|Filter Solution||Filter Purpose||Filter Benefit|
|01||Basket Strainers.||Removal of large bone meal particulate.||Easily remove the large particles from the rendering process.|
|02||High Flow Vessels with Pleated Bag Filters||Removal of suspended particulates down to 25 micron after settling.||Bag filters efficiently and cost effectively remove the next level of particulates.|
|03||Pressure Leaf Filters||Removal of suspended solid fat and other particulates and contaminants.||These cake on the filter and can be removed efficiently.|
|04||High Flow Vessels with Cartridge based Filters||Removing fine particulates down to 10 micron.||High flow, high efficiency polishing filtration solution to ensure clean feedstock for the hydrotreater.|
Tallow Feed Filters
Jonell Systems have a complete solution for pre-treatment of the renewable tallow diesel feedstock.
- Jonell Systems basket strainers Easily remove the large particles from the rendering process
- Bag filters efficiently and cost effectively remove the next level of particulates.
- Pressure leaf filters allow the particles collect as cake on the filter and can be removed efficiently.
- High flow, high efficiency polishing filtration solutions ensure clean feedstock for the hydrotreater
Advantages of Jonell Systems Filtration Solutions for Renewable Diesel
- Jonell Systems offers end to end solution giving you the advantage of sourcing the complete filtration solution from one provider.
- In addition, because of the vast range of solutions and custom engineering capabilities, Jonell Systems can recommend and implement the right solution for your process.
- Our solution range includes solutions for a wide range of contaminants from basket strainers, pressure leaf filters to high flow solutions.
for the Refining Industry
Discuss your Application Today!
Get in touch with Jonell Systems, a part of Filtration Group, to find out more about how our filtration solutions can help you solve your filtration and separation challenges in Oil & Gas applications.